09.02.2013 - 10.02.2013
View Great Escape to the East! on Tam-Jo's travel map.
We finally surfaced at around 1pm today only to realise that our hangovers were so severe that we couldn't possibly get out of bed for several hours (apart from a quick run by me to the shop to get some Kettle Chips, Pringles and Coke to sustain us)!
Here's some highlights from last night's celebrations:
- Drinking cheap beer on stools in the street.
- Going to a stage performance in one of the parks to see some proper Vietnamese celebrations.
- Infiltrating the stage of this performance once the show had finished!
- Making friends with some soldiers who were initially trying to force us off said stage.
- Drinking vodka in the street bought by our new Canadian friends Karli and Meghan...classy we know!
- Watching Wales win against France...Jo was very, very happy!
- Doing shots bought by a some fellow Brits (neither of us can remember their names).
- Drinking more cheap beer on stools in the street.
- Dancing in a bar.
- Dan getting kicked out of the bar for trying to smuggle in cheaper beer from down the road.
- The rest is a blur.
So today we did nothing but watch films (including Spiderman 3 and 102 Dalmations) and go to Pizza Hut for dinner to meet up with Dan and Karli for a hangover fix. We had the best intentions of going to the pub at 10pm to watch the England game but we both fell asleep in our room! Oops! Will have to read up on the match report tomorrow instead.